You will enjoy your Indian experience more with these 8 tips.
I am only giving some pointers here. You will join the dots to know the depth of the experiences I am talking about.
- Choose to stay in small boutique homestays or farm stays. Simplicity is better than luxury when delivered in an ethnic style, and will make your experience more insightful.
- Carry your own water bottle which you can fill up. Use options to lower your plastic use and carbon footprint.
- Regain your health. India is the land of yummy vegetarian food. Spend an hour or two learning yoga and meditation.
- If you are a birder and looking for a particular species, do what you must, but see if you can observe the bird or animal rather than objectifying it. It is life, after all.
- Shop in local markets and promote fair trade.
- Impart knowledge as you go along. Also, learn from the people you meet. Many dimensions of local wisdom are worth taking home.
- Find out ways to engage in wildlife conservation. Humans will save people. The real shift will be when humans keep those that work round the clock behind the scenes.
- Choose a local ground travel operator who is sensitive to these issues.
Do you have any more tips? I’d love to hear what you think.